Foglamp is a customizable in-country research service helping investors and professionals better understand opportunities in overseas markets.
Foglamp instantly provides clients with a global, front-line, country-based research team of more than 1,300 active local contributors in 120-plus countries. Clients manage bespoke research services with flexible access, where clients define the deliverables and our network becomes your on-the-ground research team.
Foglamp avoids locking clients into formulaic deliverables or engagements. Instead, we offer clients the ability to customize their own research products and services by leveraging the Foglamp global network through a variety of channels. These include:
- Client-designed memos addressing deal-, company-, or sector-specific questions.
- Follow-up calls and field updates: Email, instant message, and phone exchanges with on-the-ground subject matter experts.
- Custom services: In-country meetings, custom trips, and bespoke expert surveys all tailored to client needs.
- Unlimited client concierge service: 24/7 project management and client service support.
Clients are ultimately in control of adjusting their research priorities on the fly, dedicating more resources towards particular countries, sectors, and companies as priorities shift. We tell our clients, “Use the network as you see fit.” Foglamp provides each client with unlimited use of a Foglamp concierge to help define client deliverables and manage Foglamp experts contributing to client projects. Foglamp translates regulatory and market dynamics questions into insight you can use.
- What are the regulatory-related risks of developing a refinery in Sierra Leone?
- How do licensing requirements associated with distributing generic pharmaceuticals shape the drug industry in Brazil?
- To what degree are bribes and political contributions required to gain approval for water and sewer plants in Vietnam?
- How does the presence of a state-owned monopoly impact my private telecommunications investment in China?
Clients’ ability to design and control their research priorities is at the heart of the Foglamp model. Foglamp places an emphasis on delivering value to clients. We don’t sell expensive software for managing research online or glossy book-length reports that gather dust on a shelf. Instead, we focus on providing information to clients in simple, clean, and quick formats, often over email with minimal polish. In so doing, Foglamp is able to offer world-class in-country research services for a fraction of the costs associated with larger and more bureaucratic consulting and research firms.
Click here for Foglamp Case Studies.